Netgear is one of the foremost companies when it comes to networking hardware devices. They have a vast variety of products that are very easy to set up and install. Their web based interface is very user friendly and gives access of a lot of advanced features to the user. But sometimes the users face some difficulties logging in to their routers. Sometimes users find it hard to remember or find the default IP address of their routers as well. So Netgear came up with a solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use www.routerlogin.net instead of the default IP addresses. But the default IP addresses can still be used to log in to the routers to access the Netgear Genie app. The default IP address for most of the Netgear routers is 192.168.1.1. But the users can simply open up an internet browser of their choice and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and then the user will be prompted to type in the default information. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers.
After logging in, the user can access the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network, Parental Control, Change the username and password, Network Speed Test, knowledge of how many devices are connected to their network and more. This gives the user the power to control, reconfigure and even repair their network themselves.
- Guest Network – The Guest Network allows the user to create another network that they wish to share with guests. This means that no longer do the users have to share their main network with the guests and live in fear that their content shared on their main network is vulnerable. They can just create a separate network for a limited period of time with separate username and password and can distribute it to their guests so that their guests can access the internet but not the user’s content.
- Parental Control – The Parental Control feature lets the user restrict inappropriate content on their network. If the user wishes to restrict access of certain websites or some inappropriate content on their network for their children or just limit access to internet, they can now do that with the help of the Parental Control feature.
- Network Speed Test – The Network Speed Test allows the user to check for their network speed and see whether they’re getting the speed they are paying for or not.
- Change the username and password – The user can now change the default username and password of their network as they wish via the Netgear Genie app.
By accessing the Netgear Genie app through www.routerlogin.net, the user can now check for their router’s firmware updates as well. A firmware update is crucial as the latest firmware makes sure the router is up to date with the new media devices and that it can connect to them without having the need to replace the router every time a new media device comes in. Not only that, the user might also get some speed boosts or previous bugs might be fixed. Also, keeping the firmware up to date makes sure the security on the router is also up to date. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as their banking information, their emails and passwords, their private information and more. So, it is very important to keep the security in check by keeping the firmware up to date. The Netgear Genie app notifies the user if there is any firmware updates pending.
Here are the steps for the initial setup and log in to the Netgear Router:
- Connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Similarly, connect the computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are properly made.
- Now, using an internet browser of your choice, type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit enter.
- Enter the default username and password when prompted. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- Click the Setup Wizard.
- The Setup Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that you have. For all cable connections, the Setup Wizard detects the connection as Dynamic IP. Click Yes and then click Next.
- Click Next to save the settings.
WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router$ 199.99
Netgear Wi-fi Extender$109.99
RE9000 MU-MIMO Range Extender
Netgear Nighthawk Series
The Netgear Nighthawk series has revolutionized the networking hardware industry in the recent years. The Nighthawk series routers are one of the best routers in the market as they come out with the latest technology in almost every aspect. There are a few models in the Nighthawk series that come close to the full package when it comes down to speed, coverage, reliability, the aesthetic quotient and more. They come in different shapes, sizes and prices. And almost every Nighthawk router is its money’s worth when it comes down to speed, reliability, coverage, stability and more. The aesthetic quotient is just a bonus. Every nighthawk series router looks extremely well and blends in with the modern home design. Almost every Nighthawk router has had the latest technology of its time. The main motive of the Netgear Nighthawk series is to be ahead of its time so that the users can get a little glimpse of what the future of modern routers feel like. From advanced online gaming to ultra HD video streaming, the Netgear Nighthawk series makes sure that the user always has a smile on its face when he is using any Netgear Nighthawk router. The setup process only takes a couple of minutes, almost the same as any other Netgear router. The user can just go to www.routerlogin.net and login to the Netgear Nighthawk router using the default information.
The Nighthawk app makes it very easy for the users to install and configure the router and get quick access to the advanced features of the router. Some of the advanced features of the nighthawk series are Quick Setup, limit or pause the internet access, check the speed of the internet with the help of Internet Speed Test, limit or restrict access to the inappropriate content or certain websites or the basic monitoring, configuration, firmware update, Guest Network and more, everything at the fingertips of the user, even when the user is away from their home network. Any Nighthawk router will provide far better results than any other plain old router no matter what the application is. It will be better in almost every aspect there is. No matter if you are trying to stream Netflix, Hulu or any other streaming service, playing high end online games, or just the plain old web browsing, the Netgear Nighthawk series routers promise to one up the performance as compared to any of your older router. And it keeps its promises. The Netgear Nighthawk Routers are more than just plain old routers; they are a whole new class of “smart” devices that will significantly make your lives easier and better.
Every Nighthawk router is promised to come out with unmatchable speeds and performance of its time and is promised to overwhelm the user with the possibility of what a wireless router can do. No longer do people have to worry about every little detail and what they’re getting or missing out on because the Nighthawk routers provide more than the user can ever bargain for.