Belkin is one of the leading names in the modem and routers manufacturing industry. Belkin has produced some of the best quality routers and modems for the best in class networking service. Belkin not only manufactures the modem and routers but it has also gained a lot of name and fame in other daily need products like the car chargers, music accessories, home automation, car accessories, mobile accessories and other smart education systems etc. Since its inception in 1983, Belkin has since been delivering the best quality and reliable products and making the lives of its users quite comfortable. Belkin range of networking equipment includes some of the best industry grade modems and routers. Some of the Belkin products in networking and internet section are listed below.
Belkin N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND N+ MODEM ROUTER
Belkin Share N300 Mbps wireless N Mimo with USB port
Belkin AC1600 DUAL BAND GIGABIT WIFI ROUTER
Belkin AC1900 WIFI DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Belkin network 5port USB hub router
Belkin router password change
BELKIN N600 DB WIRELESS DUAL BAND N+ROUTER
Belkin routers are very secure and safe to use by default. However, the router still needs to be checked for any security threats. The least a user can do to protect the router and his/her personal data and the network data is to change the password of the router on a regular basis. Changing the security key of a router periodically ensures the safe data transmission over the network to which we are connected. We should use a strong combination of passwords for our router login and router’s internet connection. The password should definitely include the alphanumeric and special symbol combination.
Belkin router setup
The Belkin router setup is an easy task to perform. The successful configuration is the key to a successful network and internet. The Belkin router needs to be configured for its optimization. We cannot use the router without its prior setup. The setup of the Belkin router includes its unpacking, assembling and configuring. The Belkin router comes with certain prerequisite components without which we cannot log in to the router’s web portal page. This is the main part from where a user can conduct the process of configuration. The router setup includes following prerequisites listed below.
- Unpack the router /modem.
- Assemble all the essential components of the router.
- The components will consist of a power supply adapter that transmits a power connection to the router through the home power supply.
- The power when supplied to the router, switch on the router and see if the lights on the display panel of the router are blinking.
- If the display panel flashes some lights that means the router is electrically fit for configuration.
- Now, you must connect the other required parts to the router through which we can establish a secure and stable connection between the router, modem and the system.
Configuring your Belkin router
The Belkin router needs to be configured so as to use it for the network or internet connection in our homes and businesses. The detailed configuration and setup process of this router can make a new user easily understand the whole process of router use and setup. The Belkin router and modem can be easily setup configured with the under said steps easily:
After unboxing the router and assembling all the important components of the router. The user now needs to go through the configuration.
Connect one end of the ethernet cable into the LAN port of the router /modem.
Now connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into the LAN port of the computer system.
After connecting the router/ modem to the computer system through the Ethernet cables, reboot the router.
The connection between the router and modem will be shown in the “NETWORK AND INTERNET” section in the bottom right part of your PC.
After being listed in the list, this network connection needs to be configured.
We are now connected to a network that has limited access to the internet; this connection has access only to the router’s web portal. We cannot browse any other page on this type of connection.
So, in order to gain full access to the internet, we need to configure our modem and router accordingly.
Belkin wireless router sign-in
Belkin wireless router sign-in is necessary for the user to have access to the internet. Prerequisites for the router sign in.
- PC computer or laptop (not necessarily needed)
- Belkin router with a connection established between the router and computer.
- Updated versions of the web browsers.
192.168.2.1 Belkin router login
BELKIN N600 DB WIRELESS DUAL BAND N+ROUTER
The Belkin router login can be done with a link provided i.e. www.192.168.2.1.com that reroutes the user to the homepage of the router’s configuration portal. The routers of other brands are usually configured through the link 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Guide for setting up the Belkin router.
- Connect the Ethernet cable into the LAN port of the router and the computer.
- Now, reboot the router. After the rebooting, the lights on the display panel of the router will go solid.
- The solid lights on the router indicate that the connection is set up between the router and the system.
- The router’s name can be checked in the list of available connections in the “network and internet” section in the bottom right portion of your computer.
(For Windows 8 and onwards, the “network and internet” section is on the bottom right part of the PC).
- The user now needs to open its web browser.
- Enter the address http:/192.168.2.1.com in the web browser.
- The link 192.168.2.1.com will reroute the user to the web configuration portal of the Belkin router.
- After the login to the router’s web portal, the user will be asked to put in a password for login to the home page of the Belkin router setup
- In the Belkin router setup, the user only needs to enter the password. The password field can be left blank in case the password is not set.
- The user needs to click “submit”.
- Now the configuration portal of the Belkin router will appear in which few tabs like “Internet WAN”, “LAN setup”, “Firewall and security”, and Wireless” will be shown to the user.
- The user can setup the internet connection by clicking the “Internet WAN” tab.
- The “Internet WAN” section will further ask to select the connection type.
- Click on the “save changes” tab.
- Then click on the “reboot” tab. The settings will be saved and the router will be rebooted to the new configuration
FAQ’S and troubleshooting Belkin router login
Troubleshooting the BELKIN N600 DB WIRELESS DUAL BAND N+ROUTER.
The troubleshooting section of the router is a very useful guide for the Belkin router setup as well as its configuration.
How to reset the Belkin router password?
Most often the users with less experience of setting up the router forget the router’s password.
This problem can lead to a halt in the working of the routers and modems. Moreover, the user when forgets the password of the router, it is impossible to sign in to the router’s configuration portal.
Therefore, we need to reset the password of the router as soon as possible. The router’s password can be reset via resetting the whole Belkin router.
(Note- Resetting the router will also erase the whole user data in the memory of the router namely the username and the password credentials and the other configuration details. The user then again has to
enter the whole user data for configuring the router)
How to reset the Belkin router?
The Belkin router can be reset basically by one of the two methods available.
- Hard resetting the router.
- Resetting via the web portal of the Belkin router.
Press the reset button given at the back panel of the router with the help of a paper pin or pen.
Keep the reset button pressed for at least 10 seconds straight.
The Belkin router will get rebooted to its factory settings automatically.
The router is now rebooted to its original factory settings with all the customized data erased.
We can also reset the router by logging into the router’s web portal through the link www.192.168.2.1.com.
Upon logging in the web hosting page of the router, there will be an option of “Reset” tab in the bottom left portion of the router’s portal.
Click the “Reset” tab and the router will go “OFF” and will reboot automatically erasing all the user data stored in it.
What is a Belkin wireless router IP address?
Every router has a predefined IP address stored in its network memory card which is used to configure, customize and set up the router. The Belkin router has an IP address 192.168.2.1 stored in its network card by default. This default IP address can be different for the routers of different brands. However, for most of the routers, this default IP address is same.
How to verify the connection status of your router?
The status of your Belkin router allows us to check many parameters of the router like data transmission amount and the rate at which the data is flowing (speed of the connection). We can also see the properties of the router. The user can also diagnose any issue with the router through this.
To verify the status of your Belkin router, press the Win key +R key, it will ask to enter a specific address.
Type “ncpa.cpl” in the blank field, this will route the user to “network and internet” section of the computer. See the list of connected devices to the system. Right-click the router network you wish to verify e.g. Belkin router. By right-clicking, this will pop-up the above-said options like properties, diagnose, status etc.
What if the wireless routers sign in fails?
Access to the interface of the router.
Many times users try to access the router’s web interface but fail to access the web interface. So, users don’t need to rush to the other options. The users usually rush to reset their routers which eventually results in the loss of their data. Then the user needs to re-configure their routers.
The wireless router sign in sometimes fails due to many reasons. The wireless router needs to be installed and set up in a correct order. The failure of the wireless router sign in can be due to the wrong IP address input .e.g. the link which is the default IP address of the router is wrongly spelled in the address bar of the browser. Also, the wireless router sign in can fail due to the problem in the web browsers.
The use of outdated and incompatible web browser also results in the wireless router sign in failure. We should be using the latest versions of the “Google Chrome”, “Safari”, “Internet Explorer” etc.
The last but not the least problem in wireless router sign in failure is caused due to the web browser complications, usually the web browsers store the cookies and incorrect passwords due to which the auto-fill section of the router’s web portal enter the wrong credentials. You should try to try to login to the router’s web portal through an incognito mode. This incognito mode lies in the Google chrome browser at the top right corner in the options menu. This incognito mode lets the user to browse in a new separate window in which neither the previous nor the current cookies or passwords are saved. The router can also be accessed through the wired Ethernet connection method; the router’s web page can also be accessed by connecting the router to the system through the Ethernet cable. If all the methods of accessing the router failed, try to reset the router.