ASUS Router SetUp
If you are already connected to your Asus router, then scroll down a little bit. You can skip the connection process. If not, then you need to establish a connection via cable, or over Wi-Fi. Let’s first consider how to do Asus router setup using a network cable.
Everything is very simple. Take the cable that comes with the router, and connect it to the router in the LAN connector (see carefully, do not connect to the WAN, they are signed). And on the computer, or laptop, connect the cable to the network connector. Turn on the power of the router (if not already turned on) and you can continue. If the WAN cable is connected to the router, you cannot disconnect it, it will not interfere with us. If you have already done Asus router setup, and then connect to your wireless network. We guess you know how to do it, if not, go through our descriptive guide for Asus Router setup. If the router is new, then immediately after connecting to it, it will start broadcasting the wireless network with the standard name. Most likely, it will be called “Asus” and will be without a password. Just connect to it from the device from which you will go to the control panel.
How to configure the ASUS Router?
- Go to the settings of the router in the browser at 192.168.1.1
- Enter the standard login and password specified in the instructions to the router (or on the back of the router itself
- Make sure that the Wireless Router mode is turned on.
- Go to the “Internet” section and make sure that the type of WAN connection “Automatic IP” is specified. All other settings should correspond to the screenshot
What are the username and password used while configuring ASUS router?
User name and password are standard – admin, admin. After the first login, the “Setup Wizard” will be displayed. The tool is useful for beginners, since it allows you to configure the router in simple conditions. After clicking the “Next” button, an attempt will be made to automatically select the connection type. In case of failure, the device will give you a choice.
How to configure Wi-Fi router Asus RT N12 to reset settings?
- It is worth noting that this procedure is not necessary and is used in case the user can not connect to the private cabinet because of hacking or deliberately changing identification data.
- To reset the settings on the ASUS RT router, it is necessary that the router be connected to the power (anything can happen).
- The button is located inside the case. Above it you can see an inscription that Asus designates a reset (in other models it’s easier – Reset).
- Press the button possibly using a toothpick, a pen, etc. It is necessary to hold for about 15 seconds. When the WPS button flashes, you can release it and wait a couple of minutes for the settings to reset.
- Unfortunately, not every problem can be solved by resetting the router settings, since the problems can be associated not with the program, but with physical damage, incorrect network parameters and many others.
How can I improve the Wi-Fi signal?
First of all, it is necessary to analyze fairly simple factors that can affect the deterioration of the signal quality. First of all, you need to install the Wi-Fi router correctly. Determine the place of permanent use of Wi-Fi. If the network is only needed in one room, then the router needs to be installed in it, but if the wireless Internet coverage is necessary throughout the apartment or home, then the access point should be in the center.
Install the router as much as possible, at the same time, the less barriers there are between the router and the devices, the better. Also it is desirable that near the router there are no household and radio devices, which negatively affect the signal.
Can security be the major issue for slow internet speed?
Sometimes the reason for the low speed is not interference and signal quality, but the absence of proper network security measures. If you do not put the password to access your Wi-Fi, then it becomes public, and any user who is in the coverage area of your network can connect to it. Even if you have a password, but the network name bears your name or surname, and the password contains the date of your birth, then neighbors do not interfere with easily picking it up. Therefore, put a reliable encryption method “WPA2-Personal”, and set a complex password.
How to set up a channel for the router?
To reduce the quality of the network can busy Wi-Fi channel, so in the settings of its router you can choose not to automatically select the channel, and install it manually. To do this, use the utility In SSIDer, and see which channels are busy and which are overloaded. If you can find a free channel, then set it, if there is no free channel, and then set the least free one and the one whose devices are located far from you.
Well, the last thing that should be mentioned here is the name of the network. Try to give a unique name to your Wi-Fi network, so that there are no coincidences, which can lead to some problems.
Why do I need a home local network?
First of all, the local network is necessary for distributing one Internet connection to several devices. That is, if you connected to the Internet, and you need to have simultaneous access to it from several devices, then you need a local network. In addition, most modern televisions, players and receivers have the ability to directly connect to the Internet, both for viewing Web pages and for downloading content. Thus, for the above devices, Internet access is also required at the same time as other devices. Here you can also include mobile gadgets: smart phones and tablets.
If I already have a twisted pair cable in my apartment from another provider, can I use it to connect to your network?
It is possible if the cable is not damaged.
How to set up an Internet connection on the Asus RT-AC3200 router?
- To access the web-interface of the router, use the address http: \\ router.asus.com, which you need to enter in the address bar of any Internet browser (login and password is “admin” / “admin” by default).
- To manually create an Internet connection, go to the “Advanced Settings” section in the “WAN” section (Internet). The brackets indicate the names of sections and parameters for the Russian version of the interface.
- The first tab of the “Internet Connection” menu.
- In the first line “WAN connection type”, select one of the five suggested options (according to the data from the contract with your ISP).
How to setup an Asus internet connection with the router?
- To set up connections with the provider, go to the section “Internet” -> “Connection”. To configure it, select this option “PPPoE” in the “WAN connection type” drop-down list.
- Note that there are check boxes “Yes” to automatically obtain the IP address and DNS WAN. Next, you need to enter data for authorization, which you gave out when you connect to the “Username” and “Password” fields. We press the button “Apply”. The second most popular type of connection is Dynamic IP. In order to configure it on the Asus router it is enough to select the option in the list: “Automatic IP”
- The “Connect to DNS server automatically” field should be checked with “Yes”. We apply the configuration parameters. Special attention should be paid to the configuration of the RT-AC51U router for Beeline. In this case, you must select the “L2TP” type
- In the account parameters, you must enter “User Name” (usually a Beeline personal account number) and a password. In the “VPN server” field,
- All other parameters are left in the default value and click the “Apply” button.